Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Flights... check! Visas.... check!

God is so amazing! His blessings never end!! Needless to say, we were shocked to only have to buy 1 roundtrip ticket to China. We've been collecting miles with American Airlines and miracuously AA started a new flight this summer from Chicago to Beijing. So, there were award travel seats available. I'm just glad to have those booked.

As for Visas, they arrived today. So all we have left to do now is  WAIT! That's all I feel like we've been doing, but this time the wait is different. Now I think about notifying the utility and phone company incase the bills come while we're gone. Telling the credit card company we are going overseas... you know, the small details that could have a huge impact when we get home.  I'm finding myself shopping more. We have even gotten the dolls and kitchen set out of the attic and cleaned up for Ruth Min. Chloe has played more in the last week with these dolls then she has in the last 8 years. Strange how our interests change.

I just wish I knew more details about Ruth Min. We're packing with assumptions of her clothing size, guessing she's in diapers, and trying to decide about formula? We will know soon enough... just in China!

3 comments:

  1. We are so excited for your journey! What an amazing adventure that will result in a precious addition to your family! I can't wait to meet Ruth, but know that for awhile, I will just get to meet her through your blog and pictures. Please, even though, you will be busy, keep up the blog when Ruth Min comes home! Since most of us will not get to see her in person for awhile, it will help all of us get to know her. :) Love you all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this Jenn! It's great to get the info on where you guys stand in the adoption process. I was so excited to hear a travel date had been nailed down. Can't wait to meet Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy told me you had a blog and she set you all up on her blog so I found you! This is so neat and I love keeping up dated. We're praying for all of you and as much as God brings to my mind to bring before his throne of mercy and grace. We are looking forward to meeting our great-niece very soon! What a blessing she will be to all the gang...

    ReplyDelete