Friday, October 22, 2010

It would be shorter, if I posted more often!

Ruth's been coughing for several weeks now. I finally took her to the doctor today. I guess I had really dreaded that task. I was pleasantly surprised to survive and tell you she handled it much better today. She actually gave doctor a "kiss" (cheek rub) before we left. I think it's because she got a sticker.
Anyway- the big SURPRISE... She weighs a little over 23 lbs!  Whew that is 3 pounds heavier since Aug 30th! She might grow out of these 18 month clothes sometime soon at that rate!

We've had plenty of adventures this last week.
We attempted to feed the ducks at the City Lake. Juli and her kids as well as our friend Joy and her kids threw bread to the ducks. Ruth even gave it a try at tearing the loaf bread into small pieces and throwing into the lake. I just wasn't paying close attention when I said "Throw it, Ruth". She threw her snack cup! :) That meant she got the bag of Cheerios now.



We went to the beach again and had beautiful weather. The kids played in the sand mostly, but did go swimming some. Ruth even enjoyed it for a short time. This time when I took her to the beach, I didn't suit her up. We just took the stroller and kept her fully dressed. She was willing to stroll a while, but then anxious to get down. I think sitting and touching the sand was her favorite.






Tuesday, I took Chloe, Timon and Ruth to the NC State Fair. It was an afternoon reward for their great report cards. We had a blast eating more than we should. Chloe wrote down everything I spent and all that we ate. It was hard to keep it a secret from Scott when we got home.
So here's a few pics from our fair fun before I sign off tonight!


Her 1st taste of ice cream. We were supposed to share it. Yes, she probably ate 1/2 of it. I couldn't get her mind off of this grand treat!

We tried HARD to get all looking at once.

This was supposed to be my Christmas card pic.

The highlight of Timon's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment